The November 1 deadline has passed with over 160 players coming off-contract in 2026 free to negotiate with rival NRL clubs for 2027 and beyond.
And with the Perth Bears entering the competition in 2027, they are set to go on a spending spree to sign 36 players for their inaugural season.
That means every club is on notice as they scramble to lock up their off-contract stars and replace those that opt to switch clubs.
Read on for the all the latest player movement and signings.
WHAT’S GAMBLING REALLY COSTING YOU? Set a deposit limit. For Free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au.
Watch the 2025 Rugby League Ashes LIVE with no ad-breaks in play on FOX LEAGUE, available on Kayo | New to Kayo? Join now and get your first month for just $1.
KOLOAMATANGI’S ASKING PRICE
Rabbitohs star Keaon Koloamatangi’s manager has reportedly laid down a $900,000 price tag to sign the gun forward.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald’s Michael Chammas, Koloamatangi, who was free to negotiate with rivals clubs from November 1, has made a call on his best position moving forward.
Koloamatangi’s manager is pitching him as a prop, having played his best football in the front row under Wayne Bennett this season.
Previously, Koloamatangi has plyed his trade as a back rower but now the representative star is reportedly planning a permanent switch at his new club in 2027.
“With Keaon, I have heard his manager is asking for $900,000,” Chammas said on Triple M.
“They are pitching him as a front rower, so not sure if clubs are going to bite at $900,000 but he’s an Australian and NSW representative.
“He’s a good player, he was South Sydney’s best player this year in a disappointing team. $900,000 sounds like a lot, but when you actually think about it.
“I think front rowers are worth more than back rowers, the premier front rowers in the comp are worth more, look at Addin (Fonua-Blake) who is getting paid $1 million.
“You look at Payne Haas, $1.2 million to $1.3 million, so the value is there.”
Koloamatangi is managed by Tyran Smith, who is also currently negotiating Haas’ extension to remain at the Broncos.
According to 9News Danny Weidler, Smith’s understanding of the prop market could be influential in the Rabbitohs gun’s next contract.
“I interviewed Keaon Koloamatangi and he said he was going to market because he hasn’t heard much else about where his situation was at,” Weidler said.
“(His manager) manages Addin (Fonua-Blake)… he has other front rowers, so he knows the front rower market.”
BULLDOGS ENFORCER MAY BE FORCED OUT IN SURPRISE EXIT
The Bulldogs reportedly may let Josh Curran leave the club early to create room in their salary cap.
The 26-year-old, who can cover back row and front row has scored 19 tries in 106 NRL games for the Roosters, Warriors and Bulldogs since his debut in 2019, including 45 games for the Bulldogs over the last two seasons.
Speaking on James Graham’s The Bye Round Podcast, journalist Michael Chammas revealed that Curran could be squeezed out to create room to move in their roster.
“I’m hearing whispers about Josh Curran, that potentially the Bulldogs, if they need to reshuffle their roster, that he could be one that falls out,” Chammas said.
“I don’t know exactly what he’s on but it’s not like he’s playing for peanuts. He’s been good for them but I think he’s one they deem as a sellable commodity if they need to reshape their roster.”
Curran is one of 12 Bulldogs players who are off-contract at the end of the 2026 NRL season but have been free to speak with rival teams since November 1.
Others include fullback Connor Tracey, Viliame Kikau, Daniel Suluka-Fifita, Jack Todd and Lipoi Hopoi.
PANTHERS RE-SIGN RISING STAR
The Panthers have announced young gun Jaxen Edgar has signed a contract extension and upgrade.
The rising fullback has been promoted to the top 30 for the 2026 season, while also extending his stay at the foot of the mountain until the end of the 2028 season.
He made his NRL debut in Round 26, having been named 18th man before taking the field.
“He is an exceptional young talent with a strong work ethic and a great attitude towards his development. He’s shown tremendous growth, and we believe he has a very bright future in the game,” Panthers general manager of football Shane Elford said in a statement.
“Jaxen is testament to the success of our clubs pathway system, and we are excited to see what the future holds for him with the Panthers.”
Edgar now sits as Ivan Cleary’s second choice fullback behind Dylan Edwards following the departure of Daine Laurie.
ROOSTERS SIGN BRAVE DRAGONS COMEBACK HERO
The Roosters have confirmed the signing of Dragons fullback Cody Ramsey after the brave star came back from a career threatening illness to return to the field in 2025.
Ramsey suffered from ulcerative colitis, which means he hasn’t added to his 14 tries from 36 games since his debut in 2020 and he hasn’t played first grade since 2022.
But Ramsey came back to score 11 tries in 24 games in the NSW Cup for the Dragons last year and the Roosters picked him up to help with their fullback and outside back depth.
“The Sydney Roosters are pleased to announce the signing of Cody Ramsey on a two-year contract, securing the dynamic outside back through to the end of the 2027 NRL season,” the club said in a statement.
“After being sidelined for 896 days due to ulcerative colitis, Ramsey made a remarkable return to the field in 2025, captaining the Dragons’ NSW Cup side to a Grand Final appearance.”
Roosters Head of Recruitment, Joel Carbone was excited to welcome Ramsey to the club’s top 30 roster.
“Cody is a competitor who brings energy, toughness and genuine strike,” Carbone said.
“It says a lot about his character that he’s overcome the challenges of the last couple of years.
“He adds terrific depth to our outside backs, and we’re excited to welcome him to the Roosters.”
Ramsey will officially link with the Roosters later this month at pre-season training.
MADGE REVEALS COACHING PLAN FOR OFF-CONTRACT SKIPPER
Broncos coach Michael Maguire has revealed plans for off-contract captain Adam Reynolds to join the Brisbane coaching staff when he retires.
Reynolds is off-contract in 2026 and has not ruled out playing on in 2027, despite the club signing Jonah Pezet to be Ezra Mam’s long-term halves partner.
Speaking with The Daily Telegraph, Maguire revealed he doesn’t want Reynolds to be lost to the club when he winds up his playing days and can see him being a full-time head coach in the future.
“I’d like ‘Reyno’ to be part of our coaching staff,” Maguire told The Daily Telegraph.
“It all depends on Reyno’s path and what he wants to achieve down the track, but I think Reyno can definitely be a head coach.
“He has the great nature of being able to help people He cares for his players, he knows the game inside-out, so in time he can move into coaching for sure.”
Maguire is adamant Reynolds has what it takes to be a head coach and could even see him taking over his job down the line.
“Coaching to playing is a lot different,” Maguire said.
“There’s a lot more that goes into coaching than most people see, but Reyno does have the attributes to do it. We will definitely be exploring that space.”
Reynolds admitted he was surprised the Broncos signed Pezet as their long-term halfback and hasn’t ruled out playing on in 2027 at the Broncos or potentially another NRL club.
The 35-year-old has scored 54 tries and 2,524 points, the second most ever behind Cameron Smith in 309 games for the Rabbitohs and Broncos since his debut in 2012 and has won two premierships from four grand final appearances.
However, Reynolds has suffered multiple hamstring and calf injuries in the last two seasons amid doubts his body may be failing him.
Last year Benji Marshall tried to sign Reynolds to a two year deal before he inked an extension with the Broncos and there would be no shortage of clubs interested in the veteran playmaker if he is squeezed out of Brisbane in 2027.
Turbo driven by securing premiership | 01:59
TITANS SIGN OUT OF FAVOUR DRAGONS PLAYMAKER
The Titans have boosted their halves depth with Lachlan Ilias released from the final year of his Dragons deal to take up a two-year offer on the Gold Coast.
The 25-year-old has scored 10 tries in 60 NRL games for Souths and St George Illawarra since his debut in 2021, but played just seven games for the Dragons in his first season before being dropped.
Ilias has also played three Test matches for Greece at the 2022 World Cup and led Souths to a preliminary final in 2022.
“The Gold Coast Titans are pleased to announce the signing of halfback Lachlan Ilias on a two-year contract, securing his services for the 2026 and 2027 NRL seasons,” the club said in a statement.
Titans head coach Josh Hannay was excited to work with Ilias and hopes he can be the chief playmaker to guide his team around the park in 2026 and beyond.
“Lachlan is a smart, composed halfback who’s shown he can perform at the top level,” Hannay said.
MORE NRL NEWS
TALKING POINTS: Twist in Kangaroos’ huge Kevvie call; fresh changes loom for finale
‘BASHED US’: Munster stars, Walsh binned as Kangaroos beat England in fiery epic
PLAYER RATINGS: Bizarre moment as Walsh crashes back to earth; Munster magic
“He’s got a strong kicking game, good defensive instincts, and he’ll add real depth and competition to our halves.
“We’re building a squad for 2026 that are hungry and Lachlan fits that mould perfectly.
“He’s got unfinished business in the NRL, and we’re excited to have him take the next step in his career here on the Gold Coast.”
Ilias’ arrival comes on the back of the promotion another playmaker and promising local junior, Zane Harrison to the Titans top 30 squad.
Ilias will join the Titans for pre-season training when the players return in November.
Watch every game of the 2025 Pacific Championships LIVE on FOX LEAGUE, available on Kayo | New to Kayo? Join now and get your first month for just $1.
Papenhuyzen coy on future plans | 01:15

























Discussion about this post