The Bulldogs have confirmed the signings of three players, with Sean O’Sullivan, Gordon Chan Kum Tong and Fletcher Baker joining the club in 2026.
O’Sullivan, 27, arrives in Belmore as a depth replacement for the outgoing Toby Sexton, who joined the Catalans Dragons in the Super League after departing this season.
The former Dolphins playmaker has signed a one-year contract with a mutual option for the
2027 season.
Watch every game of the 2025 Pacific Championships LIVE on FOX LEAGUE, available on Kayo | New to Kayo? Join now and get your first month for just $1.
Cham Kum Tong, meanwhile, is a Bankstown Bulls junior and has signed a development contract for 2026 before he earns a promotion to the top squad in 2027.
He left the Sea Eagles at the end of the 2025 season, while Baker departed the Broncos, signing a one-year development deal to join Cameron Ciraldo’s squad.
The three players collectively have 134 games of NRL experience and club supremo Phil Gould was excited by their additions.
“We’re very pleased to welcome Sean, Gordon and Fletcher to the Bulldogs family,” he said in a statement.
“Sean has proven to be a reliable half in the NRL with a great footy IQ, which we believe will be beneficial for the young playmakers in our squad.
“Gordon has only scratched the surface of his potential and we’re excited to see where he can take his game, while Fletcher brings valuable experience and depth to our squad after spending time in other successful systems.”
WHAT’S GAMBLING REALLY COSTING YOU? Set a deposit limit. For Free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au.
STUART MAKES CALL ON RISING ROOSTERS STAR
Ricky Stuart has ruled out making a play for Roosters playmaker Hugo Savala after revealing his plans for Ethan Sanders to get first crack at replacing Jamal Fogarty.
Savala has been linked with a potential exit from the Roosters after they signed Daly Cherry-Evans to partner Sam Walker in 2026.
However, Stuart told The Sydney Morning Herald that Sanders has served his apprenticeship and despite only playing four NRL games, will start next season at halfback for the defending minor premiers
“Ethan Sanders is going to get first crack, given he has a good off-season,” Stuart told The Sydney Morning Herald.
“He’s done his apprenticeship under Jamal over the last 12 months.
“And unlike a lot of young blokes who don’t want to do the apprenticeship and want to go straight into first grade, Ethan’s actually bided his time and shown real professionalism towards his future in the game.
“I respect that he’s taken the courageous line and accepted that you have to fight for a position.
“He’s a young half and still learning, but he’s earned his chance, given he has a good off-season and stays healthy.”
21-year-old Sanders played two games for the Eels in his rookie season in 2024, before playing two games for the Raiders in his first season in Canberra in 2025.
Savala, 23, scored four tries in 21 games for the Roosters in a breakout rookie season in 2025, but looks set to settle for a bench role next season.
MORE NRL NEWS
TALKING PTS: Reality behind Kev disrespect; Poms’ Aussie saviour after stars run riot
CRAWLS: Kangaroos example Cleary must now follow; why Kevvie should be sweating
‘PART OF HISTORY’: Walsh double ices Kevvie’s Kangaroos’ 3-0 Ashes sweep in rout
ROOSTERS HALF OPENS UP ON DCE SIGNING
Daly Cherry-Evans’ arrival at the Roosters is set to squeeze out Hugo Savala with the rising star not prepared to wait behind the veteran halfback.
On Friday, Cherry-Evans signed a one-year deal with the Bondi club with an option in his favour for 2027.
Savala opened up on Cherry-Evans impending arrival just hours after the announcement.
“It wasn’t as if the news came as a big surprise,” Savala told the Sydney Morning Herald.
“I’ve had a chat to Robbo about it previously.
“I’m sure I can learn a lot from ‘DCE’, and I’m super keen to compete for a spot in the side next season.
Savala confirmed he would explore his options.
“I came through the Roosters’ junior rep program, and I’d love to be a one-club player, but whether or not that happens now, I can’t be sure,” he said.
“We’ll just see what happens.
“I guess I’ve got to consider all options from here, but my primary focus is to start the season well for the club and see where things take me.”
DCE Roosters move finally confirmed | 00:29
PONGA PICTURED WITH WARRIORS RECRUITMENT BOSS
A photo has been leaked of Knights star Kalyn Ponga chatting with Warriors general manager of recruitment Andrew McFadden
The Daily Telegraph reported Ponga was captured in discussion with McFadden at the sports bar which the Warriors own and operate, Full Time Sports Bar and Eatery, in Auckland.
The Knights skipper is off-contract in 2027 and not free to negotiate with rival clubs until November 1 of next year.
But while the photo sent the rumour mill into overdrive, the Telegraph later revealed the circumstances behind the snap.
Ponga and his father Andre had flown over to New Zealand for a speaking engagement at the bar with former Warriors forward Sione Faumuina.
It was there that Ponga bumped into McFadden, who had placed some bets on Derby Day last Saturday.
According to the report, Faumuina questioned Ponga onstage whether he would want to join the Warriors given his New Zealand Heritage, a question the superstar fullback laughed off.
Ponga has been rumoured to be leaving the Knights when his deal expires after being linked to R360 and the Roosters in the past.
Ponga wants to win a premiership, while a massive pay day with the rival code could help set him up for life after footy.
He has also shown interest in playing for the All Blacks in the past, but doesn’t want to play Super Rugby, which is necessary to represent New Zealand in rugby union.
Ponga reportedly laughed off suggestions he could potentially join the Warriors, but his future is up in the air given the Knights haven’t been able to lock him up with an extension.
HAAS LINKED WITH $3 MILLION CODE SWITCH
Payne Haas is reportedly close to signing a mega deal with R360 worth up to $3 million a season.
The Daily Telegraph reported Haas is eyeing a monster pay day to switch codes to the rebel league.
Off-contract at the end of 2026, Haas has been free to negotiate with rivals as of November 1.
The Broncos are keen to offer Haas a multi-year extension, but they can’t compete with the money on offer from R360.
However, Haas faces a ban of 10 years if he inks a deal with R360 after the NRL brought in tough rules for players and agents talking with the rebel league.
Haas has no desire to walk out on the final year of his deal in 2026, but the NRL may issue him with a 10 year ban effective immediately if he signs with R360.
The 25-year-old has scored 13 tries in 142 games for the Broncos since his debut in 2018 and has also played 17 Origins for the Blues and six Tests for the Kangaroos and Samoa.


























Discussion about this post